Happy Halloween! Are you going trick or treating tonight (either with little ones or as grown-ups)? Since we just moved into a house, I’m curious to see if we get any trick-or-treaters. We live close to several schools, so it’s a possibility! I’m kind of excited to see what costumes swing by. My bet is on several Elsas and other Frozen characters.
1. Candy Corn: The great debate of the candy world. Some people love it, some people hate it. I can’t lie; I love it. That sugar hits the spot!
2. Reese’s Pieces: I have an unhealthy obsession with Reese’s. My boyfriend prefers the peanut butter cups, but I love the Pieces!
3. Twix: Another chocolate love. I really like caramel and chocolate, so combining the two makes me absurdly happy.
4. Whoppers: Another divisive candy. I can literally eat a whole box of these in one sitting (though I definitely regret it later). I really like the malt ball taste. These are also my favorite movie candy!
5. Milk Duds: Again, caramel and chocolate. Good stuff.
What are some of your favorite Halloween candies? Also, if you’re nerdy about quirky history, check out this week’s Stuff You Missed in History Class podcast. They talk about the history of Halloween candy and how manufacturers got involved in the holiday. Very interesting stuff!
And since this is primarily a sewing/cosplay blog, I’m curious: what are you wearing tonight if you’re wearing a costume? Our Archer plans fell through (some of our pieces are still in moving limbo), so we’re going as casual Superman and Wonder Woman.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!