By the time this post goes up, I’m sure many of you will be finished (or close to finishing) your Black Friday shopping. I know I certainly will be! See, I used to be one of those people who’d hit the stores suuuuper early on Black Friday, but with so many stores doing Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday deals online, I’d much rather stay up late in the comfort of my PJs than wake up super early. Here are a few of the deals that I’ve been keeping an eye on:
- Wig sales: Many wig companies, Arda and EpicCosplay included, have sales on Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday. I like to take advantage of these to stock up on wigs for characters I know I’ll cosplay in the coming year. This year, I picked up a curly black wig (for Wonder Woman and Zatanna) and a faux lace front (for Captain Marvel) from EpicCosplay.
- Fabric sales: I love Spandex World, but I hate their shipping costs. Any time they have a sale (which isn’t often), I take advantage of it. For this sale, I picked up supplies for two commissions as well as my upcoming Captain Marvel cosplay. Their sale is going on through the end of today!
- Pattern sales: Many of my favorite indie pattern companies have sales this weekend, so I’m taking advantage of the opportunity to pick up a few patterns for some upcoming makes.
- Circle lenses: Pinky Paradise is having a 50% off sale through December, so I picked up contacts for several of my 2015 costumes.
Of course, there are a few things as of this writing that I’m kind of tempted to brave the cold and crowds for:
- Wii U: The boyfriend and I have been thinking about getting one of these for a while. He’s got his eyes on Mario Party and I’ve got my eyes on Bayonetta II. Target and Best Buy have some tempting bundle offers, but we haven’t decided whether or not we care about a fairly small savings.
- A new TV: We’re looking for a new TV, and that’s actually one of the few times I’d be willing to brave Black Friday since deals are so good. I’m currently eyeing this one.
Of course, I’m also keeping an eye out on my favorite Etsy shops and small businesses for upcoming sales as well.