By the time this post goes up, I’m sure many of you will be finished (or close to finishing) your Black Friday shopping. I know I certainly will be! See, I used to be one of those people who’d hit the stores suuuuper early on Black Friday, but with so many stores doing Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday deals online, I’d much rather stay up late in the comfort of my PJs than wake up super early. Here are a few of the deals that I’ve been keeping an eye on:
- Wig sales: Many wig companies, Arda and EpicCosplay included, have sales on Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday. I like to take advantage of these to stock up on wigs for characters I know I’ll cosplay in the coming year. This year, I picked up a curly black wig (for Wonder Woman and Zatanna) and a faux lace front (for Captain Marvel) from EpicCosplay.
- Fabric sales: I love Spandex World, but I hate their shipping costs. Any time they have a sale (which isn’t often), I take advantage of it. For this sale, I picked up supplies for two commissions as well as my upcoming Captain Marvel cosplay. Their sale is going on through the end of today!
- Pattern sales: Many of my favorite indie pattern companies have sales this weekend, so I’m taking advantage of the opportunity to pick up a few patterns for some upcoming makes.
- Circle lenses: Pinky Paradise is having a 50% off sale through December, so I picked up contacts for several of my 2015 costumes.
Of course, there are a few things as of this writing that I’m kind of tempted to brave the cold and crowds for:
- Wii U: The boyfriend and I have been thinking about getting one of these for a while. He’s got his eyes on Mario Party and I’ve got my eyes on Bayonetta II. Target and Best Buy have some tempting bundle offers, but we haven’t decided whether or not we care about a fairly small savings.
- A new TV: We’re looking for a new TV, and that’s actually one of the few times I’d be willing to brave Black Friday since deals are so good. I’m currently eyeing this one.
Of course, I’m also keeping an eye out on my favorite Etsy shops and small businesses for upcoming sales as well.
What deals would you sacrifice a night of sleep for? You can see more responses at The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick!
10 thoughts on “Fandom Friday: Black Friday Purchases I Would Sacrifice A Night Of Sleep For”
I haven’t yet made my list for my Cyber Monday shopping for Etsy/Storenvy. I usually snag a couple things for myself during that sale.
Nice! I love Etsy/Storenvy. Just picked up several Christmas gifts that way!
I went to the Spandex World site today, but I didn’t end up buying anything. I would have to buy too much I didn’t need at once to get the discount, and it was really just worth more for me to wait. $6 won’t make or break my wallet at a later time.
But really, I fail to understand why it costs $16 to ship six yards of fabric.
Yeah, their shipping really irks me too. They could at least offer free shipping over a certain price (like almost every other online fabric store).
I’m waiting on those Wii U’s to drop in price even more. We just want it for Mario Party and Smash Bros.
Oh, need those too. Yeah, we held off for the same reason. Hopefully they’ll drop again soon.
Yay for cosplay items! Time to check out some wigs!
BUY ALL THE WIGS! Haha, I actually need to sell some old wigs that I’ve never worn. Gotta make space for the new stuff!
I need to get some Pinky Contacts! Sadly when I went to order they were out of the ones I wanted.
Oh boo! I was a little disappointed in their selection and irked that they added red after I placed my first order. Still, I’d rather spend $12/pair than $25!