1. Luna from Sailor Moon: C’mon, admit it. How many of you Moonies have stumbled across a black cat and checked to see if it had a crescent moon symbol? My inner magical girl as a child (and adult, if we’re being perfectly honest) wanted an adorable black cat to come give me a transformation brooch and tell me I have super powers. Sadly, my black cat did not come with a transformation pen and the ability to talk. Didn’t stop me from talking to her!
2. Black Hayate from Fullmetal Alchemist: The beau and I are currently watching Brotherhood, and watching it reminds me how much I love Hayate. Shibu Inus are so adorable, and he’s incredibly loyal, coming to Hawkeye’s aid no matter how dangerous the situation.
3. Ghost from Game of Thrones: I went back and forth on whether I’d want a dragon from GoT or a direwolf, and ultimately went with direwolves since Dany’s dragons go from cute to “Oh crap, I think they might eat her.” Direwolves seem much more loyal by comparison, and I love Ghost’s gorgeous fur. That said, I’d also totally adopt a…
4. Dragon from the Dragon Riders of Pern series: I devoured this series growing up, specifically the Harper Hall of Pern books. It’d be so cool to telepathically communicate with a dragon that can also teleport! I also like the fire-lizards from this series too
5. Chocobo from Final Fantasy: Specifically, the fat chocobo from FFXIV. Because LOOK AT IT.