Happy Friday! I had to jump in with another Fandom Friday post since this week’s topic is all about the Funko Pop! figurines! I’m not much of a collector, but I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t consider buying one (dozen or so) of these every time I went to a con. The hardest part about this week is only choosing 5! So I kind of cheated a little and chose the top five individual figures I want along with the top 5 collections I’d like.
First up, figures!
1. Wonder Woman: Are y’all surprised by this? Didn’t think so.
2. C-3P0: I debated on whether or not to just put the entire Star Wars collection into this list, but some of them are not that cute. C-3P0 is definitely my favorite of the collection!
3. Dancing Groot: Who doesn’t want a dancing Groot? I just love that he’s a bobble head.
4. Belle: Belle is my favorite Disney princess, and now that I’m planning to cosplay her (again), I want all her merch! I definitely want the yellow ballgown version, though that is pretty hard to find. I also want the peasant dress figure and the hipster version!
5. Gizmo: I recently watched Gremlins for the first time and loved it. Gizmo is so cute! I definitely want this figure and a Gizmo plushie.
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: I want so many of these that I’d just rather take the collection. Willow, Oz, Spike and the Gentlemen are definitely my favorite figures.
2. Teen Titans Go!: This was one of my favorite cartoons as a teen, and all of the characters are so well suited for Funko figurines! Starfire and Raven are definitely my favorites.
3. Firefly: I oggle these every time I see them. There’s actually a hard to find “dirty” Kaylee that’s super adorable. There was one on sale at the North Texas Comic Book show and I’m kicking myself for not buying her!
4. Game of Thrones: I just love that such a dark show has such cute figurines. Ghost is my favorite, though I also love Drogon and Dany’s figures.
5. Breaking Bad: Again, I love the fact that a show this dark has such cute figurines. Heisenburg and cook Jessie are my favs!
There were a few other collections that almost made the cut, including the X-Men (no official Rogue. Le sigh) and Kill Bill. Like I said, the hardest part about this week was picking which ones I liked the most! Ultimately, I thought that Breaking Bad in Funko form was cuter than Kill Bill. But I’d totally take both if I could.
What are your favorite Funko figures? You can see more responses at The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick!
Disclaimer: All images are property of of Funko. I make no money from this nonsense (though if they’d like to send me some for review, I will happily accept).
P.S. I’m heading out to Fan Days this weekend and “officially” debuting Captain Marvel! Unfortunately, I won’t have my new contact cards with me, but feel free to say hi and ask for derpy mohwak selfies if you see me!
13 thoughts on “Fandom Friday: Favorite Funko Pop Figures (+ Con Announcement)”
I AM DYING OVER THAT HELMET. OMG. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE PHOTOS.
RIGHT? Also, there are going to be dinosaur cosplays from Jurassic World at the con, so I GET TO PUNCH A DINO IN THE FACE.
DAT HELMET. DAT HELMETTTTTTTTTTTT. ❤
Hahahahahah. So much awesome in that helmet. I’m so excited to wear it!
I am in the process of collecting all the Firefly Pops haha! I still need Kaylee and Zoe.
Seriously can’t wait to see pics of the Captain Marvel costume – that helmet is fantastic!! And Belle’s dress peeking in there is looking great as well!
Ahh!!! That’s so cool! I love the Firefly Pops. They’re just so cute!
And thank you! I’m hoping to get started on Belle this week. It’s already taking over my sewing room!
I love the ones of Firefly and the Big Bang Theory!
Oh, the BBT ones are cute too! I really want Amy and Sheldon.
I would love to have the Firefly ones…The Nerd Fu guys are doing a give away! xx
Okay. I didn’t know there was a Ghost figure. Adorable! Also, my favorite of the Star Wars figures is maybe Jabba. Which is kind of weird, but I’m gonna own it.
xx abby | a geek tragedy
Haha, he is really neat in his own way!
OH MY WORD that helmet is AMAZING! Can’t wait to see pictures!!!
Isn’t it? Kevin’s work is absolutely stunning.