1. Y’all are probably sick of seeing these suits, but they took up a lot of craft time this month, so they’re worth mentioning (again). I’m really looking forward to this group!
2. The weather in April was been a mix of ridiculous rain and gorgeous spring weather. This is one of the few times Texas has such nice weather, and I love it! The roses in our backyard were in full bloom most of the month.
3. I don’t collect many figures (one expensive hobby is more than enough :P), but the ones I do collect are normally characters I have cosplayed or intend to cosplay. Lulu is one of the figures from the original FFX Kotobukiya line I didn’t snag back in the early 2000s. I think I have Tidus and Yuna in a storage box in my garage. Fortunately, eBay is a beautiful thing and I got this lovely lady to add to my collection! Because collecting figures totally counts as research, right?
4. After an unexpected (and very costly) car repair this week, I’m finally biting the bullet and setting up an online storefront. Nothing like a car repair bill to light a fire under your butt 😛 I hope to have some product ready to go in the next 2-3 weeks. I’ve had all the materials for these clutches sitting in my craft room for months, so it’ll be nice to make some space again. I’m planning to do small runs of about 15 items or so initially to get a feel for demand. I’ll probably post some old costumes and wigs as well since my closet’s getting pretty full. For those of you who have storefronts which do you prefer: Etsy or Storenvy? I like the free side of Storenvy, but Etsy seems to have better overall exposure.
5. Scarborough Faire was a blast! I haven’t been in years. Since I’m neck deep in spandex suits and other summer costume builds right now I decided to go with a quick and easy costume. I bought the dress off eBay, wore my old Wonder Woman boots and a corset I bought at my last trip to Texas Renaissance Faire, and then picked up a flower crown once we entered. Very comfy for trekking across the fair grounds!
6. I finally got my custom PC up and running thanks to friends who are far more tech-savvy than me. My new computer is a dream and playing FFXIV on it is so much better than playing on my old PS3!
7. Age of Ultron was a blast! I wasn’t able to get off work early, so unfortunately I didn’t get to cosplaying. But my trial run of Marvel Collector Corps had me covered. Literally 😉
8. Thor is still adorable as ever, in case you’re wondering. We sort of flopped on finishing his puppy training classes, but his trainer is awesome and offered to let us make them up for free. He is thankfully responding to most of the basic commands and is pretty good on a leash these days. We’re still working on impulse control and chewing everything in sight, though.
9. Batwoman is so close to done. I’m hoping to put the final touches on everything this weekend! ‘Cause, uh…. I still have a Spoiler commission, Princess Jupiter to repair, and Margaret to make in the next 4-5 weeks. At least I already have the materials?
Are you on Instagram? Let’s be friends!