Happy Friday! Can you believe we’re less than 2 weeks away from Christmas? I haven’t even put up a tree yet!
Since most of the kids in my family are now technically adults, my family has taken to white elephant gift exchanges or doing a big activity together. It’s fun (and more than a little violent, given that five of us have black belts in Taekwon-do), and we don’t all have to scramble spend a bunch of extra money over the holidays. Still, I wouldn’t mind being surprised by any of these items:
- Brother SE400 Combination Embroidery and Sewing Machine: I’ve wanted to dip my toes into embroidery for a while. I’d love to have this machine to create the applique for Lulu and also to make patches for myself and to sell. I’ve been eyeing this machine for about 8 months, so if Santa doesn’t bring it to me, I’ll probably buy it for myself!
- Shiva FFX Figure: Speaking of FFX, I’d love to have this figure! I have a few of the other FFX characters from this line, but not Shiva. She’s so pretty and would be a great addition to my (very small) figure collection. I’d also love a Lulu figure.
- Totoro kigu: I specifically want one from Rarity’s Boutique. Lisa Lou Who is one of my favorite “big name” cosplayers, and her hoodies are absolutely stunning. As soon as she opened up Totoro kigus, I knew I wanted one. They’re just so cute!
- Tickets to Distant Worlds: This is the orchestra concert of Final Fantasy music. It tours the U.S. every year or so, but it hasn’t been through Texas in quite a while. There is another concert by the same company in Houston today, but I can’t make it (sad trombone). One day! I’d also be happy with the albums to tide me over 🙂
- Tickets to SDCC: Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like I’ll make it out to SDCC this year (lots of non-cosplay out-of-state travel this year), but if Santa surprised me with tickets, you can bet I’d do everything I could to attend!
What are you hoping for this year? You can see more responses on The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick!
19 thoughts on “Fandom Friday: Presents I Want Santa to Bring Me”
I love your list! I can’t wait to see all the different things people include. I like that you have a mix of practical and fun!
Thanks! I like including a few practical things since they’re items I’d use on a regular basis. My serger was a “practical” Christmas gift last year and I use it constantly!
Tickets to SDCC. Good choices, good choice! 🙂
Haha, thanks! SDCC has been on my dream con list for years. I’ll make it out there one of these days!
Those Hoodie are amazing…but expensive 😨! Love this list!
(Also Tae Kwon Do Family Fighting! That sounds cool and fun!)
Haha, I feel the same way! I love them all, but for that price I could pump out at least 1 if not 2 full costumes!
Yeah, our family is pretty special at full gatherings. There’s always a lot of yelling, “Keep your hands up!”
I covet EVERYTHING from Rarity’s Boutique in an extremely unhealthy way :-P. Did you design your Moogle hoodie to be as fluffy and comfy as hers seem?
Right? I want so many of her hoodies it’s ridiculous. And I did! I used sweatshirt fleece (more commonly found on RTW clothes) instead of anti-pill fleece. It’s quite cozy and very comfy, but it doesn’t have a lot of bulk. I’ll have a full blog post up on it next week 🙂
I did not know that Final Fantasy holds orchestra concerts! Tickets to that would be amazing.
The music is phenomenal! They’ve got recordings on their website. So pretty!
The Final Fantasy Orchestra sounds amazing!
I think so too! I went to a Star Wars themed orchestra concert last year for my birthday and it was incredible. George Takei even did some narration!
Hmm, perhaps the Blindhemmer machine or an Industrial? I plan on purchasing both within a few months.
I started out with the embroidery machine you mentioned. I quickly outgrew that. Might I make a suggestion? Go up a size. I have the Brother Designio DZ820E. It’s he same as the Brother PE770, with a few extra goodies tossed into the mix. Of course, I’m already looking at another machine, but this time a multi-needle.
Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll look into them. The SE400 was partly appealing to me since it’s a dual sewing/embroidery machine, and I like the idea of having a backup machine should something unfortunate happen.
The Shiva figure is STUNNING.
Right?! She’s so pretty! That pose perfectly captures her Diamond Dust attack.
The Shiva figure is amazing! Distant Worlds was in Orlando awhile back but I didn’t know until like, the day before so I was sooo upset I couldn’t make it. I hear it’s great though! Can’t wait to go!!
Oh no!!! Hope you get a chance to see it soon! I felt the same way about the FF concert in Houston last week. Up until the day of I kept trying to convince my BF to take the day off of work and drive out there. Next time!