A Very Nerdy Wedding Dress

Photographer Credits: Simply in Love Photography Completed: December 2017 Accessories:  Headbands Necklace Earrings Bracelet Wedding band Lace sandals Flip Flops Hair and Makeup: Cocoa Beach Spa Patterns Used:  Simplicity 1606 Sewaholic Cambie Cosmic Coterie bow pattern (inspired by SparklePipsi's bows) Bow Clutch pattern Satin Reversible Stole How I Made it:  A huge moment in any person's … Continue reading A Very Nerdy Wedding Dress

Cambie #6: The Leaving Dress

I guess this technically meets April's challenge requirements as well? Continuing on the wedding theme, here's my friend's leaving dress! It was kind of funny how this turned out. She was IMing me about 3 weeks ago, telling me she was stressed about finding a leaving dress since her main dress is so delicate. Then … Continue reading Cambie #6: The Leaving Dress

Cambie #4: The Instruction/Conference Dress

I have a confession: this dress and blog post have been complete for about two weeks now, but this is the first opportunity I've had to take pictures. Oops. Anyway, say hello to Cambie #4! Or, a dress I can wear to places other than cons. I made this dress as part of my garment … Continue reading Cambie #4: The Instruction/Conference Dress

Belle’s Village Dress (Beauty and the Beast)

Completed: November 2013 Hours Spent: 17ish (including seam ripping hell) Worn at: Austin Comic Con Why This Costume: I love Belle’s nerdiness. She’s one of my favorite Disney princesses. Beauty and the Beast was constantly on in my household as a child, beat out only by The Little Mermaid. Shortly after making my Star Wars … Continue reading Belle’s Village Dress (Beauty and the Beast)

Belle: Remaking the dress

Heya folks. I'm currently waiting on a flight, so have a post! I made some more progress on my Belle dress last night. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I think it's finally starting to come together. I have it pictured here with a petticoat underneath. So a little background: I decided to make … Continue reading Belle: Remaking the dress