Costume Notes: Revolutionary Girl Utena

Photographer Credits: Ash Snap 'Em Photography Completed: August 2018 Hours Spent: 35-ish? It took about 10 days start to finish. Debuted: A-Fest 2018 Why This Costume: Have you ever had friends who are really into a series, and it takes forever for you to jump on board? That's how I was with Utena. I'd heard people talk … Continue reading Costume Notes: Revolutionary Girl Utena

Costume Notes: DSN Makoto Nijima (Persona 5)

    Photographer Credits: Michael Benedict LA, Wildstarjp Photography, Arlington Public Library Completed: June 2018 Hours Spent: Less than 10 Debuted: ArlingCon 2018 Why This Costume: I mean... I'm pretty much obsessed with this game and still have a ton of plans for future P5 builds, especially with Koholint and AdventTraitor. I was so giddy … Continue reading Costume Notes: DSN Makoto Nijima (Persona 5)

Commission Notes: Chun-Li (Street Fighter V)

Completed: March 2018 Hours Spent: App. 30 Purchased Pieces:  Base ballet flats Arda Wigs Jasmine in Spanish brown Patterns Used:  Bombshell swimsuit Super Helpful Tutorials:  Bombshell Swimsuit Sew-along Stretch applique Chinese Knot Evil Ted: Making foam spikes How I Made it:  I've honestly loved this design from the moment I saw it, so I was super happy … Continue reading Commission Notes: Chun-Li (Street Fighter V)

Costume Notes: Momo Yaoyorozu (My Hero Academia)

Photographer Credits: Kronos Otaku, edits by Daydreamer Nessa. Selfies also from Daydreamer Nessa Completed: July 2018 Hours Spent: 2-ish Debuted: Anime Expo 2018 Why This Costume: I've been on the MHA hype train for a while (me and the hubs love watching it together), but I'd never really thought about cosplaying from it. That changed … Continue reading Costume Notes: Momo Yaoyorozu (My Hero Academia)

Costume Notes: Senshi Yukata (Sailor Moon Artbooks)

Photographer Credits: Ash Snap 'Em Completed: May 2018 Hours Spent: Approximately 10 Debuted: A-Kon 2018 Why This Costume: This was the main build my cosplay group, Cosmic Coterie, voted on making this year. We wanted to focus on a build that was relatively simple, since all of us had major life commitments to handle this year. Our first … Continue reading Costume Notes: Senshi Yukata (Sailor Moon Artbooks)

Costume Notes: Belle’s Town Dress (Provincial Life)

Photographer Credits: Mehreen Rizvi Completed: April 2018 Hours Spent: 40-ish Debuted: Dallas Fan Expo Why This Costume: If it isn't totally obvious yet, Belle has been my favorite Disney princess forever! As I went into this year, I knew that I needed a few simpler and, more importantly, comfortable costumes for chill con days as well as … Continue reading Costume Notes: Belle’s Town Dress (Provincial Life)

Costume Notes: Sailor Uranus

Photographer Credits: Mehreen Rizvi   Completed: April 2018 Hours Spent: 25-ish Debuted: Fan Expo Dallas Why This Costume: Space Cadet Cosplay and I have talked about making Sailor Uranus and Neptune since before either of us joined Cosmic Coterie. Late last year, our teammate Victoria Bane mentioned she wanted to make a new Sailor Pluto, then AdventTraitor … Continue reading Costume Notes: Sailor Uranus

Costume Notes: Casual Rogue

Photographer Credits: Mehreen Rizvi Photography Completed: 2016 Hours Spent: 5 Debuted: Fan Days 2017 Why This Costume: For a long time, I've said that I need more geek chic outfits for chill and judging days at conventions. When I was asked to judge at Fan Days last fall, I was stumped on what to wear. I wanted to be comfortable, … Continue reading Costume Notes: Casual Rogue

Costume Notes: DAN Yusuke Kitagawa (P5 )

 Completed: August 2017 Hours Spent: Under 5 Debuted: A-Fest 2017 Why This Costume: P5 took over my life in 2017. I love everything about this absurd game, and I'm so glad I was able to drag Koholint into fandom hell with me. AdventTraitor Cosplay is also a huge fan of the game, and we decided to be … Continue reading Costume Notes: DAN Yusuke Kitagawa (P5 )

A Very Nerdy Wedding Dress

Photographer Credits: Simply in Love Photography Completed: December 2017 Accessories:  Headbands Necklace Earrings Bracelet Wedding band Lace sandals Flip Flops Hair and Makeup: Cocoa Beach Spa Patterns Used:  Simplicity 1606 Sewaholic Cambie Cosmic Coterie bow pattern (inspired by SparklePipsi's bows) Bow Clutch pattern Satin Reversible Stole How I Made it:  A huge moment in any person's … Continue reading A Very Nerdy Wedding Dress